Benefits of Citrus Salt Scrub
Glomalin Citrus Salt Scrub contains pink Himalayan Sea salt and real organic lemon juice and zest. The combination of these two ingredients for our skin has many benefits for its appearance and our overall health and wellness. Lemon juice is known to consist of vitamins and nutritional components that will give the skin the boost it needed to stay healthy, and the lemon peel has 10 times more vitamins than the lemon itself.
Here are 6 benefits of our Citrus Salt Scrub you may not know:
- Skin Glow - One of the biggest benefits to salt scrubs, particularly the salt scrub, is the glow that your skin is left with. There are different grades of salt, and sea salt is the best option for a salt glow. Combine the salt with lemon juice and its rind and your skin will feel and look clean and clear. Lemon juice can help to eradicate spots and discoloration caused by scars and sun damage.
- Exfoliating - It might seem like an obvious benefit to mention, but body scrubs are a great way to exfoliate dead skin cells. This paves the way for fresh new cells to regenerate and leaves you looking and feeling fabulous. Exfoliation is one of the benefits of lemon juice as well. Lemon juice contains citric acid as one of the active natural ingredients in the fruit. This acid can help to get rid of dead skin cells on the skin and give a smoother and blemish-free skin tone. These new cells will absorb skincare products faster and leave your skin looking and feeling smooth.
- Clear and Bright Skin – Don’t let us forget that lemon juice has antioxidants and detoxifying properties in it. Those alone can help to get rid of acne and even prevent breakouts. Moreover, this fruit has antimicrobial effects that can help treat propionibacterium acne bacteria that could lead to inflammatory acne.
- Increasing Blood Flow - When you get a salt scrub or give one to yourself, you are encouraging the natural flow of circulation and bodily fluids within.
- Detox - The benefit of a salt scrub is that it not only helps to exfoliate the skin (leading to smoother, softer and healthier skin), but it also encourages detoxification. By stimulating the lymphatic system, a salt scrub can help our bodies natural detoxification efforts helping us to eliminate stagnant toxins in our bodies.
- Relaxation - Treating yourself with a salt scrub, especially when combined with a massage, is just plain relaxing.
How to Use our Citrus Salt Scrub
Before applying our Citrus Salt Scrub, you’ll want to turn your shower on and close the door to let steam build. This will help open your pores and allow the salt scrub to maximize its effect. You can also do this in the bath and allow your body to soak in the tub in the salt scrub though I find it hard to maneuver scrubbing in the tub but that’s just my preference.
Grab a handful of the Citrus Salt Scrub and begin scrubbing all over your body in circular motions. Reach in for more handfuls if you run out. I prefer not to use this salt scrub on my face as I find it too abrasive but if you’d like to use it on your face, you can.
Once you’ve scrubbed your whole body let the water wash it all away. And that’s it! I like to moisturize with Glomalin Moisturizing Hand & Body Cream after using our Citrus Salt Scrub since my skin is quite fresh and needs a little moisture. Use 2-3 times a week for best results.
SPECIAL OFFER - FREE SALT SCRUB
We would love our customers to feel the benefits of our Citrus Salt Scrub, so from January 15th to 31st, receive a complementary 4 oz Citrus Salt Scrub with every online order. Welcome to Beautiful Skin!